- 03/17/09 - Inactivation of Eschericia coli O157:H7 and Natural Microbiota on Spinach Leaves Using Gaseous Ozone During Vacuum Cooling and Simulated Transportation
- 07/11 - European E. coli Outbreak from Eating Bean Sprouts
- 12/15/10 - Current Safety Issues For Fresh Produce
- 06/15/07 - Safety with Fresh Produce and Potential Engineering Solutions
- 2007 - Ozone Technology: Fact Sheet for Food Processors
- 2005 - What Can You Do to Be Ready for a Recall?
- 2003 - Who Should Be Involved in Food Recall Planning and Execution?
- 2002 - Understanding the Recall Concept in the Food Industry
- 2002 - Food Product Recall Fact Sheets: An Introduction
- Doering, C. 2010. "Food-Borne Illness Cost U.S. $152 Billion." Produce Safety Project.
- Artes, Francisco. P. Gomez., E. Aguayo., V. Escalona., F. Artes-Hernandez. 2009. Sustainable Sanitation Techniques for Keeping Quality and Safety of Fresh-Cut Plant Commodities. Postharvest Biology and Technology. Elservier, 287-296.
- "Guidance for Industry: Guide to Minimize Food Safety Hazards of Leafy Greens Draft Guidance." 2009. U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 1-27.
- Li, Haiping., M. Tajkarimi., B. Osburn. 2008. Impact of Vacuum Cooling on Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infiltration into Lettuce Tissue. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. American Society for Microbiology. 3138-3142.
- McGlynn, W. 2004. Food Technology Fact Sheet: Guidelines for the Use of Chlorine Bleach as a Sanitizer in Food Processing Operations. Oklahoma State University.
- McDonald, K., D. Sun. 2000. Vacuum Cooling Technology for the Food Processing Industry: A Review. Journal of Food Engineering. Elservier, 45: 55-56. Sargent, S.A., M. A. Ritenour., J. K. Brecht. 2000. Handling, Cooling and Sanitation Techniques for Maintaining Postharvest Quality. University of Florida. 1-17.
- Takeuchi, K., J. Frank. 2000. Penetration of Escherichia coli O157:H7 into Lettuce Tissues as Affected by Inoculum Size and Temperature and the Effect of Chlorine Treatment on Cell Viability. Journal of Food Protection, 63: 434-440.
- Beuchat, R. L., B. V. Nail, B. B. Adler, M. R. S. Clavero. 1998 Efficacy of Spray Application of Chlorinated Water in Killing Pathogenic Bacteria on Raw Apples, Tomatoes, and Lettuce. Journal of Food Protection. 61: 1305-1311.
- 1989 Kader, A. A., D. Zagory., E. L. Kerbel., C. Y. Wang. 1989. Modified atmosphere packaging of fruits and vegetables. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 28: 1-15.
- 1975 Robinson, J. E., K. M. Browne., W. G. Burton. 1975. Storage characteristics of some vegetables and soft fruits. Ann appl. Biol. 81: 399-408.
- Feng, H., J. Herdt. 2009. Aqueous Antimicrobial Treatments to Improve Fresh and Fresh- Cut Produce Safety. Microbial Safety of Fresh Produce. Ames, Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell. 169-190.
- Setlow, P., C. Doona, F. Feeherry, K. Kustin, D. Sisson, S. Chandra. 2009. Enhanced Safety and Extended Shelf Life of Fresh Produce for the Military. Microbial Safety of Fresh Produce. Ames, Iowa: Wiley. 263-288.